Sunday 14 August 2011

The Riot Raffle

I had a different post planned for today, but in light of the events that happened last week around the country, I thought I would write about a raffle that a twitter friend is organising instead.

The recent riots have been appalling and senseless and many innocent peoples lives have been turned upside down. Zoe from Zoe and Drew has come up with an idea to raise money to help those who have suffered. She is organising a raffle made up of donations from designer/makers all over the UK. So far, there are 75 donations, which is fantastic news.

The money raised will go to the Retail Trust a charity which supports those working in the retail industry and 100% of the funds will go to the independant shopkeepers who lost their livelihoods in the riots.

I'll be donating one of my products to the raffle and tickets will be available to buy very soon. A website is currently under construction and for those people on twitter, you can follow @RiotRaffle to hear the news as it develops.

I just wanted to say a big thank you to Zoe for organising the raffle and I hope it is going to be a great success.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to read my post. I would love to hear your feedback or comments x